My gyaru story

 

A year ago I created a video

because at that moment I was really into editing in video form.

That video was about my story with gyaru

& my feelings about it at that moment.

But after creating it, 

I felt like written form would be much better about such topic.

 And of course after almost a year, I no longer agree with myself~


I raised the question...


 

Not just to the viewer but to myself as well.

I put on my sentimental pieces that made me feel like that gal 

from a decade ago & created this short clip as an intro

you're gonna watch by the end of this post.

 
 

The whole storytime
(it's gonna be kinda messy, in edits as well)
 
It was autumn of 2010 (16 years old)
 when I came across some Popteen models
while browsing WeHeartIt.
I immediately got hearts in my eyes

 
 
 
 Can't recall how but I started finding so many gaijin gals from Europe
& here are the ones that would be part of my life.
 
In fact, that's when I also opened my blog here.

Viivi, Bebexie & Zhizhi, AnnaJelly, CindyTang,

 Lizzie, Mie, Aki & Chelsea, Rinkopuff,

RosieOs, SariMelody, Becci.

And much more I cannot really find anymore. 

 
 
It's funny as I could not comprehend how to do my eye make haha 
I'd just extend the eyeliner downwards, put on mascara, blush & lipstick.
 
As for my nails, I'd always do them by myself with designs 
I'd see online but I could not elongate them.

 
 My personal style is not far from roma gyaru I'd say at that time,
but gyaru actually was a source of inspiration to do more
& was also keeping the fire lit inside of me.
 


 
Back at that time, there were a few shops in Greece selling these fluffy hairties
but now you can hardly find them anywhere... Weird.
 
With my sis we would decoden our electronic devices & I remember at some point
I had so many phone charms.
I miss doing that... 
I should... I should start decoden again... Where's my mind at?
 

 

Although Kumicky & Tsubasa were my idols,
by the end of 2011 I started leaning into Hikari Shiina's looks.
 
When did I lose it?
Well, life happens~
 & summer 2012 was the time with hipsters & mainstream.
From that moment on we got that "Neo" gyaru thing
which really freaked me out because it felt like the death of gyaru
as we knew it... That could not be reality...

Anyway, life happens & kept happening
so some stuff would stay behind without the intention to.
 
In 2016 I felt the freedom again & I got that self back.
 

 
By the end of 2021 I revived this blog but I left it again...
I remember I was so into Yunkoro & Kyiiripu made me feel so motivated
with her looks.

I was questioning myself again & that's when I made that video.
 I dressed up, I put on a pink wig & I felt that this is no longer me...
I was experimenting just to see what is it that I feel...
Reaching into the conclusion that gyaru has only got 
part of me that I already have in my style,
but maybe it's not... in my colours anymore...?
What? That's why I don't agree with myself!
 
But I cannot even bring myself to tell you how my life changed 
in 2022 that I got back to myself,
to the things that express my spirit & how to express myself to others,
what makes me happy, what counts in life.
 
And so here I am, knowing damn well how this gyaru world 
would bring me such happiness & sparkly aesthetics in my life.
It's pushing me to be myself & to express it.
 
Of course I do have a different palette that expresses the adult me more
& that's where I got confused...
The adult, the inner child, the teen...
Who am I? Who do I express? Do I have to choose in first place?
Who told me to choose...? Um...
Crazy thoughts... which if you read my earlier posts 
in this blog you'll see how I solved it.
 
 And so I got this tattoo on my hand saying
神ってる˚✧
as a reminder of gyaru.
Godlike~  
So random hahaha

 


This post today was totally unplanned & I hope I didn't tire you out
with all of this taaalk

I hope you found something interesting in this post ♥︎



2 comments

  1. Omg I agree that whole Neo gal thing freaked me out too lol I was so afraid everyone would quit gyaru and the internet would just brush the entire thing under a rug. But I am so glad you got back to what makes you happy ♡! And I love the question that you raised "who told me I had to choose (which version of me to express)?" Express them all! That's why I go back and forth on styles and which clothes make me happy. I love this post!
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesyes! Nice to know I was not the only one freaking out with Neo gal. Ah, that's why I'm always on search of equal-minded people, to remind me that it's ok to express them all, you don't immediately label yourself just because you are interested in or vibe with so many different things which express your spirit. Thank you soooo much for your comment <3

      Delete

© ΜεΛ°☆ your♥︎ | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig