『1st time in Japan』 life story

 [I'm going to post this today before the new year 

so my wish will come true kkk OMG 3:33]

 

A few weeks ago I made a really random thought.

"If I had never lost my flight & itinerary then I would not have created such beautiful memories my first time in Japan".

 

So I decided to share my first time in Japan & more specific in a city which means a lot to me; Fukuoka.

I've been to Fukuoka around 7 times since the first time. 

 

✦ 

We go back to Monday 6th of November 2017...

Long story short, I confused the korean airports & I went to the wrong one so I lost my flight.

My friend got me new tickets & I made it to the next flight but of course I lost the itinerary I had booked.


I arrived, I went to the hostel just in case they are still open but nothing. 

I was shocked so my tears went back to my eyes & I realized after a while in the dead streets that this is my first time ever in Japan. MY FIRST TIME!


Mind you, the battery on my phone was slowly dying & I did not have a japanese plug to charge it, plus, I was starving not having eaten all day.

 

I had my camera with me though & I decided to film everything. 

By the way, back then I was so deep into misery & loneliness so I was feeling as if God had forgotten me haha 

After some time it just hit me that it's my first time in Japan, I should just leave it all behind & enjoy it!

I went to a whatever restaurant I found open. I could not recall how to say Thank You in japanese, my mind was blank.

 I still wonder to this day why I did not get anything from a conbini instead...

 

I was walking & walking. Until I made a turn into an alley & I saw a cozy bar.

THAT WAS IT! That's when the waiter opened the door for me, even if I was hesitating to go.

He opened the door & I felt so welcomed so of course I entered & went to sit at the bar.

Needless to say I felt such a relief I could finally charge my phone, relax somewhere.

I became friends with the barman, R, whose english was excellent. 

 

What surprised me was the fact that this bar closed at 4am & while living in Seoul, I had never seen any place close that late, only in Greece.

Finding such minor but significant similarity with my own country made me feel warm.

 

The bar closed so I went with the barman & the other workers to a dinner.

R told me he can take me to the subway so I can get to the airport.

I had a few hours ahead of me until I go so we had a walk around.


 

The image I always have on my head is when we were walking & I saw a school, which I caught on video.

"Ah~ this reminds me of Katamari" I said & even if I can't recall R's reaction to that, I remember fondly that Katamari was also part of his high school years. To me this was so touching.

I don't remember either at which point I told him that I'd like to see the sea as I did not enjoy it in Greece that summer.

He took me there & I heard the most genuine compliment somebody had told me this year, not a surface compliment about my appearance to flirt with me but ... "You have a beautiful heart". 

I swear if you compliment my skills, my taste, saying that I made you laugh or touched you, it brightens me a lot. And most of all, it felt as if somebody was seeing me for the human I was, at that serene Fukuoka beach.

They had no idea what a difficult time it was for me back then, months away from home, not feeling secure, safe but from the moment I landed to Fukuoka, it felt like time paused & nothing mattered.

Kindness & openness can go a long way. I'm forever grateful to these people.

 

The first impression is a staple one to me. Maybe I came across such person, maybe it's because it's a small city & people are different over there, but to me, no matter what it is, it happened the way it was meant to happen. If I had never lost the flight, the itinerary...

 ✦ 

 The rest of my visits in Fukuoka were so calm & well, they felt like a rehab or something.

I have so many vlogs there & so many beautiful feelings that got created.


I cannot forget my walks there... the alleys... 


That pretty night at Tenjin Central Park with the beer festival,

that Sunday morning at Maizuru Park, 

that afternoon at Canal City Hakata,

that 3am visit at Donki haha


As I told you, I started recording myself that night & I created a vlog. 

I had fun adding english subtitles to my video mostly because of what I say.

It's strange yet natural I cannot relate to this 23 year old gal when it comes to the way she talks, the words she uses, her attitude in life.

I smiled listening to the thoughts I had back then.

 I would feel so embarrassed for relying on a friend who felt like a sibling to me, so even if they helped me with the tickets, I did not want to be more of a nuisance & let them know I don't have a place to rest at night. It was embarrassment for being a nuisance as a young adult but it was also dignity...(?)

Nonetheless, my solo life in a different continent away from everyone helped me learn a lot about people, about blood relations.

But you know what? That was me back then & I cherish going through whatever it was because it changed my perspective & mindset, it built great skills.

Even if there were some unfair & bitter feelings back then, I do believe they were meant to happen this way. 

My gratitude is bigger & well, it does not matter who was there for me or not because I was trying to show up for me & I made it.

 

 

 

 ✦

I miss Fukuoka a lot. My calm place ♡

I don't know if it's right for my path in life so I try not to stress about it,

because you never know where life takes you...

But if it is right for my path then I really wish my financial condition gets ideal for me to be able to travel to Fukuoka whenever I want to...


 

I wish for Fukuoka in my life.  

& of course leaving you my TOP favourite, beloved, close to my heart song from Exile ♡

(click image for song link)

 

6 comments

  1. This really inspired me! I wish to finally travel to Japan and started saving. I wanted to go since I am a teenager but never saved the money to go and it made me mad that I had so many opportunoties so I started saving now. However, I have nobody to acompany me. I remember traveling to Mallorca alone and worried a lot and it was the best thing ever so I try to think positive but I have really bad orientation and that makes me scared. Your post inspired me to not be scared and just go for it, it will be my first time...just enjoying that alone. i hope I have saved enough money until like a year..maybe I am able to go earlier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♡ I'm so happy about that :') ♡You're going to feel so safe in Japan ♡ I'm rooting for you!!! This feeling of visiting Japan is just amazing, so for whoever wants to visit, I wish their dream comes true ♡ By traveling alone you create moments by yourself, but of course sometimes you just wish you could share them with somebody else as well &... security is also a big thing ;-; There will always be a limiting thought & fear that will hold us back. I was afraid so many times being abroad that I will be left completely broke at the worst time possible, such financial insecurity, not a solid support system, but somehow even in the very worst case things worked out... so~ Go for it! As long as you have the money nothing can hold you back ;-; ♡

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh you were so brave! I would've cried so much, had a panic attack, and stayed at the airport... But I'm so happy you took this as an opportunity to explore Japan! Well done bby 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so sooo much, Lizzie! I'm so thankful my 23yo self had the guts haha

      Delete
  3. Fukuoka sounds so wholesome thru your eyes 🥹💖
    Thank you for sharing with us your first time in Japan impressions ( ;∀;)
    It means a lot to get to know you better here (also, saved your vlog for my Watch later list so I don't forget to watch it, cuz im at work haha)

    Wishing you another safe Japan trip (⌒▽⌒) ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for readiiiiing!!! <3 Gee, can't express how grateful I am for you saying that <3 I wish I posted more though haha I always love seeing your comments. Amen to a trip to Japan TvT

      Delete

© ΜεΛ°☆ your♥︎ | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig